- IATA: 25% loan interest, airlines’ insurance premium in Nigeria highest in the world
- Allocate 30% renewable fuel output to SAF, IATA tells govts’, as Biofuel volumes grow
- Aviation revenue to hit $964 billion, African airlines to post $0.5b losses in 2024
- Kazakhstan’s aviation completes iPADIS ACCEPT programme to aid passengers with reduced mobility
- Demand for air cargo for African airlines up 2.9%, says IATA
Following wide and prolonged consultations amongst ATPN members and stakeholders, a new Association of Tourism Practitioners Of Nigeria (ATPN) Board of Trustee had been. The inauguration took place last week Friday via virtual conference.
Members of the board are Alhaji Kabir Malan, John Best, Ganiyu Tarzan Balogun, Chief Andy Ehanire, Frank Meke and Abdulmumin Mapindi.
The visibly elated Board Chairman, Malan reminded members that ATPN remains the precursors of an omnibus Tourism Association in Nigeria, with in-depth institutional memory and expertise for resolving technical issues in Tourism Development.
The new Board is made up of accomplished professionals in the diverse fields in Tourism as to bring cutting edge visionary leadership and support to the association and the tourism industry at large.
The new members took turns to eulogies Chief Mike Amachree, the pioneer Board Chairman who laid a solid foundation for ATPN.
Members briefly reviewed the current challenges troubling the tourism industry, admitting that the challenges were surmountable.
There was the resolve to continue to ensure greater collaboration and synergy with wide stakeholders, including the public sector administrators.
A moment of silence was observed in honour of tourism’s fallen heroes, including the recent passing on of the FTAN President, Alh Saleh Rabo.
Members pledged to immortalize late Lanre Awoseyin and resolved that his flagship Journal, Hospitality and Tourism, must not be allowed to die.
There was also the resolve that the collective clout of the Board members will be rallied in support of the ATPN Executive Committee.Google+