- SAA’s New Perth-Johannesburg direct route opens African experiences for Australian travellers
- Aviation sector needs special Forex window, says Aisubeogun, former FAAN MD
- Setting Sail to Success: Royal Caribbean Nigeria Rewards Travel Agents
- NIGAV: MMA2 shines, bags prestigious awards
- Wigwe: NTSB’s preliminary report highlights probable causes, gives crash graphic details
The Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMet) has signed a historical Memorandum of Understanding with the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) to ensure safety and security on the Nigerian waters.
Speaking at the signing ceremony which took place at the NIMASA headquarters in Lagos, the Director-General/CEO NiMet, Prof Mansur Bako Matazu said the partnership with NIMASA is for all Nigerians and for the interest of Nigeria.
Prof. Matazu assured that NiMet will extend and standardise its services to the marine and maritime sector just as it entails in the aviation sector, bringing credibility to the nation’s indigenous skills, products, and services.
In his remarks, the Director-General/ CEO NIMASA, Dr. Bashir Yusuf Jamoh, enjoined Nigerians to watch out, not only for the daily forecast from NiMet but a forecast for maritime safety and security through NiMet from NIMASA.
The signing of the MoU between NiMet and NIMASA is a milestone agreement that will ensure sustainable development in the maritime environment by providing various relevant meteorological tools and products.Google+