- Revenue optimisation to block leakages in agencies not tax burden-Minister
- Aviation's contribution to economy insignificant despite potential, says Nwuba
- Airbus nominates new Commercial Aircraft business CEO
- Reflection on Nigeria’s poor ICAO audit performance
- Early warning on imminent weather hazards help reduce casualties by more than 70%- NiMet DG
The Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMet) has signed a historical Memorandum of Understanding with the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) to ensure safety and security on the Nigerian waters.
Speaking at the signing ceremony which took place at the NIMASA headquarters in Lagos, the Director-General/CEO NiMet, Prof Mansur Bako Matazu said the partnership with NIMASA is for all Nigerians and for the interest of Nigeria.
Prof. Matazu assured that NiMet will extend and standardise its services to the marine and maritime sector just as it entails in the aviation sector, bringing credibility to the nation’s indigenous skills, products, and services.
In his remarks, the Director-General/ CEO NIMASA, Dr. Bashir Yusuf Jamoh, enjoined Nigerians to watch out, not only for the daily forecast from NiMet but a forecast for maritime safety and security through NiMet from NIMASA.
The signing of the MoU between NiMet and NIMASA is a milestone agreement that will ensure sustainable development in the maritime environment by providing various relevant meteorological tools and products.Google+