- Wigwe: NTSB’s preliminary report highlights probable causes, gives crash graphic details
- Assisting airlines overcome challenges a priority-Keyamo
- NAMA fosters cooperation with Nigerian Air Force to enhance airspace safety
- Airline industry: Sinking funds into bottomless pit
- NAMA commences reorganisation, makes changes, promotes Njoke GM
The Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has issued enhanced Air Operator Certificate (AOC) Operations Specifications (Op.Specs) to all current AOC holders.
The authority considers it imperative to issue the new OpSpecs to all current AOC holders with the validity of the previous AOC and Op. Specs retained.
This directive which was contained in an All 0perator Letter referenced NCAA/DG/AIR/11/16/370 dated August 18th, 2023 is applicable to all AOC holders certificated by the authority and was personally signed by the Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), Captain Musa Nuhu.
It will be recalled that NCAA published the Nigeria Civil Aviation Regulations (Nig. CARs) 2023 which came into effect on July 10th, 2023, and subsection 18.104.22.168 of Nig. CARs Part 9, the NCAA redesigned the layout and format of the Operations Specifications associated with the AOC.
These new and enhanced multi-paged Op. Specs contain the authorizations, conditions, limitations, and approvals issued by the Authority in accordance with the standards which are applicable to operations and maintenance conducted by the AOC holder.
In view of the above directive, all AOC holders are required to electronically complete the appropriate pages of the attached Op. Specs and return same to the NCAA via only email addresses indicated below on or before August 23rd, 2023:
- Chairman, Flight Standards Group (FSG), Engr. Godwin Balang – godwin.balang @ncaa.gov.ng
- DOLTS, Capt. Ibrahim Dambazau – email@example.com
- DAWS, Engr. Gbolahan Abatan – firstname.lastname@example.org
The authority enjoined all current Air Operator Certificate (AOC) holders to comply accordingly.Google+