- Wigwe: NTSB’s preliminary report highlights probable causes, gives crash graphic details
- Assisting airlines overcome challenges a priority-Keyamo
- NAMA fosters cooperation with Nigerian Air Force to enhance airspace safety
- Airline industry: Sinking funds into bottomless pit
- NAMA commences reorganisation, makes changes, promotes Njoke GM
A United Nigeria Airlines aircraft Friday night skidded off Murtala Mohammed Airport Lagos runway on landing due to a downpour.
The aircraft which was coming in from the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport Owerri operated and landed normally but skidded off the runway upon landing.
According to the spokesman of the airline Achilleus-Chud Uchegbu, all passengers were safely evacuated alongside their luggage and no passenger was hurt in the incident.
“Relevant authorities have been informed about the incident”.
In a statement, the Nigerian Safety Investigation Bureau (NSIB), said, it has been notified and has commenced an investigation into the serious incident.
The spokesman for NSIB, Mr. Tunji Oketubi said the aircraft an Embraer ERJ145 had 51 passengers and four crew members onboard and confirmed there was no injury or fatality.
“It was en route Lagos from Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport, Owerri, Imo State. The aircraft on landing on Runway 18L of Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja, Lagos,Google+