- NSIB DG, Olateru honoured with integrity, anti-corruption award
- Ibom Air offers competition, choices, begins flight operations to Accra Oct. 17
- Aviacargo team visits Addis Ababa, Nairobi airports
- NCAA to implement bad fuel audit recommendation committee report, says DG NCAA
- Uriesi: Ibom Air has no intention to fly beyond Africa
The Chief Executive Officer of RwandAir, Yvonne Manzi Makolo is the new chair of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Board of Governors. This was confirmed at the ongoing IATA AGM 2023 in Istanbul, Turkey.
She becomes the first female chair of the strong airline body, in line with the vision of ensuring that at least 25 percent of top management positions in the industry are occupied by women.
The three-day 79th IATA General Meeting and World Air Transport Summit are taking place in Istanbul, Turkey, and hosted by Pegasus Airline.
Some 1, 500 aviation leaders from IATA member airlines, governments, industry stakeholders, strategic partners, and members of the media are attending the event.
IATA represents some 290 airlines comprising 83 percent of global air traffic.Google+