- Wigwe: NTSB’s preliminary report highlights probable causes, gives crash graphic details
- Assisting airlines overcome challenges a priority-Keyamo
- NAMA fosters cooperation with Nigerian Air Force to enhance airspace safety
- Airline industry: Sinking funds into bottomless pit
- NAMA commences reorganisation, makes changes, promotes Njoke GM
An Air Peace B777 went unscathed as no damage was done to the wide-body aircraft when a catering truck was overturned and blown away by the thrust of an aircraft at the apron of the domestic wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos.
Commissioner, Accident Investigation Bureau (AIB), Akin Olateru, an aircraft engineer simply told Aviation Metric that there was, “ No damage to the airplane. The airplane is flying at the moment”.
The catering truck owned by Sky Care Catering was found underneath the Air Peace Boeing 777 after being blown away by the thrust of an aircraft allegedly owned by Air Peace.
It was not immediately known what could have caused the incident as AIB has swung into action to investigate the incident in line with its statutory duty.