- Tropicana Scuba Diving: Akinboboye’s 8th Tourism Product
- NCAA lifts United Nigeria’s plane suspension, carrier begs passengers
- Olateru: Nigeria must undergo reforms for rapid development
- Ethiopian Airlines bars use of popular Ghana Must Go sack over damage to conveyor belts
- At Sabre tech expo, Keyamo, Olowo, others highlight investment in technology to drive travel growth
Intra Africa travel and tourism has had its challenges bordering from lack of awareness of its destinations to barriers that impede air travel. This has further been exacerbated in a post-pandemic era.
Having identified the gaps in domesticating Intra-Africa tourism, Goge Africa and its partners have come together to launch the Destination West Africa project.
This project is to encourage Africans to travel to Africa but the campaign kicks off on the West coast of Africa.
According to the organizers of the project, the first leg will see them touring four West African countries namely Benin, Togo, Ghana, and Ivory Coast starting from Nigeria.
The second leg will be Gambia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Guinea Conakry.
As travel and tourism rebound, the organisers are advocating for the lowering of barriers and cost of intra- Africa travel especially on the west coast to enable tourists to explore the gems it has to offer rather than making Dubai, America, or Europe their first choice as what comes to mind of a tourist is affordability and accessibility not forgetting the visa-free opportunity that the ECOWAS sub-region provides for West African travelers.
The project will see the organizers engage with the government, policymakers, tourism boards, and stakeholders in host countries.
The team will visit tourist attractions to shine a light on destinations with the aim to promote trade and economic activities within the region.
Tourism, Culture & Business Opportunities in West Africa
- Attract the Nigerian travelling population to visit West African countries.
- Draw the attention of world travelers to West Africa.
- Share the beauty of our common heritage, cultural similarities, and diversity with one another and the global community.
- Position partnering countries as must-visit destinations in Africa.
- Finally to increase sales and business activities for partners and brands involved in this project.
Without standardization, destinations will not have repeat tourists. To this end, the organizers will support and collaborate with stakeholders and available legal authorities to ensure that international best practices are applied in all tourism services across the region.
Each leg of the project will take a minimum of Two weeks. The team comprises Destination promoters, tour operators, media, bloggers, influencers, Travel, and tourism advocacy groups, TV show hosts, and celebrities.
The familiarisation tour would be broadcast on Goge Africa with over a 40million viewers, you and I with Monalisa on DSTV among others, as well as on print media with live updates on various channels online to millions globally.
The organisers are excited and boast that some of the best attractions in the world are in West Africa and have taken it upon themselves to showcase these gems and the unbeaten paths less traveled.
The destination West Africa project has received an overwhelming response from participating countries as stakeholders laud the initiative and say it’s a project … its time has come.Google+