- SAA’s New Perth-Johannesburg direct route opens African experiences for Australian travellers
- Aviation sector needs special Forex window, says Aisubeogun, former FAAN MD
- Setting Sail to Success: Royal Caribbean Nigeria Rewards Travel Agents
- NIGAV: MMA2 shines, bags prestigious awards
- Wigwe: NTSB’s preliminary report highlights probable causes, gives crash graphic details
As part of efforts to improve infrastructure and service delivery at the General Aviation Terminal, Lagos, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) is set to expand the Z Wing of the terminal.
Spokeswoman for FAAN, Mrs. Henrietta Yakubu told journalists that the expansion project, which would commence soonest would only hamper passenger facilitation minimally at the terminal, as normal passenger check-in will not be affected in any way.
However, the Protocol and VIP lounge at the terminal will be affected, as the facilities will be relocated temporarily till the end of the project since major construction works would be carried out on that axis of the terminal.
Meanwhile, FAAN is said already to be making arrangements for temporary spaces to be used as Protocol and VIP lounges, while the project is being executed.
Yakubu further disclosed that when the expansion project is completed, the terminal would have been enhanced in terms of capacity, aesthetics, and passenger comfort, as the expected and expanded new lounges, will be twice what is presently on the ground.
She appealed to passengers and other airport users to be patient and bear with the agency for the inconvenience till the end of the project.