- SAA’s New Perth-Johannesburg direct route opens African experiences for Australian travellers
- Aviation sector needs special Forex window, says Aisubeogun, former FAAN MD
- Setting Sail to Success: Royal Caribbean Nigeria Rewards Travel Agents
- NIGAV: MMA2 shines, bags prestigious awards
- Wigwe: NTSB’s preliminary report highlights probable causes, gives crash graphic details
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved $8.5 million for the evacuation of Nigerians trapped in the ongoing war in Ukraine.
This was disclosed to State House Correspondents on Wednesday after the weekly virtual Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting, presided over by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Disclosing this to journalists at the post-FEC media briefing, the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Zubairu Dada, said the memo raised for the response purpose was jointly raised between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development.
Also speaking on the approval, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouk, said the amount is to evacuate at least 5000 nationals stranded as a result of the crisis.Google+