- Tropicana Scuba Diving: Akinboboye’s 8th Tourism Product
- NCAA lifts United Nigeria’s plane suspension, carrier begs passengers
- Olateru: Nigeria must undergo reforms for rapid development
- Ethiopian Airlines bars use of popular Ghana Must Go sack over damage to conveyor belts
- At Sabre tech expo, Keyamo, Olowo, others highlight investment in technology to drive travel growth
The Federal Government, on Wednesday suspended its controversial national carrier project, Nigeria Air. This was disclosed by the Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika, while addressing newsmen.
According to Sirika, the decision to suspend the procurement of Nigeria Air, was taken at the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting.
He also took to his Twitter feed to confirm the development.
“I regret to announce that the Federal Executive Council has taken the tough decision to suspend the National Carrier Project in the interim.
“All commitments due will be honoured. We thank the public for the support as always,” he tweeted.