- IATA: 25% loan interest, airlines’ insurance premium in Nigeria highest in the world
- Allocate 30% renewable fuel output to SAF, IATA tells govts’, as Biofuel volumes grow
- Aviation revenue to hit $964 billion, African airlines to post $0.5b losses in 2024
- Kazakhstan’s aviation completes iPADIS ACCEPT programme to aid passengers with reduced mobility
- Demand for air cargo for African airlines up 2.9%, says IATA
Minister of State Aviation Hadi Sirika, heads of aviation agencies and over four hundred delegates will converge on Asaba, Delta state capital for the national delegates conference of the National Union of Air Transport Employees (NUATE).
According to the general secretary of NUATE, Olayinka Abioye, the 10th quardrennial national delegates conference with its theme, ‘Public, private Partnership in aviation industry – Perspective from investors, labour and management’ will feature awards.
Abioye explained that past leaders of the NUATE will be honoured including heads of aviation agencies for their contributions to the development of the sector.
The conference according to him, will take place at Grand Hotel Asaba from Wednesday 26 to Friday 28 September 2018.
Hadi Sirika will be conferred with Aviation Minister of the decade award while five chief executives of the will be awarded Transformational Leadership.
The Conference also marks the 40th anniversary of the birth of the Union which makes it the foremost trade union in Nigeria’s aviation industry.
The chairman of the occasion is the Group Chairman, SIFAX Group, owners of Sahcol, Dr. Taiwo Afolabi. MON supported by Captain Mshelia, MD/CEO Westlink Airlines
The conference will also usher in new national executives that will steer the affairs of the union in the next four years.
NUATE is a notable union in the aviation sector championing the cause of workers and an affiliate body of the the Nigerian Labour Congress.Google+