- NIGAV: MMA2 shines, bags prestigious awards
- Setting Sail to Success: Royal Caribbean Nigeria Rewards Travel Agents
- Wigwe: NTSB’s preliminary report highlights probable causes, gives crash graphic details
- Assisting airlines overcome challenges a priority-Keyamo
- NAMA fosters cooperation with Nigerian Air Force to enhance airspace safety
- NAMA MD, NCAA DG, controllers hold fresh meeting
Normal flight operations have resumed at all the airports as the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA) has intervened in the situation that led to air traffic controllers slowing down air traffic following a protest over the death of one of their colleagues.
The Managing Director of NAMA, Capt. Fola Akinkuotu in a statement made available to Aviation Metric said, “NAMA hereby wishes to inform the general public that following the intervention of NAMA management, normalcy has been restored, as the Flow Control, earlier embarked upon by members of the Nigerian Air Traffic Controllers Association today, the 23rd of November, 2021 has been suspended”.
Akinkuotu disclosed that the suspension was to pave way for a follow-up meeting between NAMA management, Director General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), and the association, scheduled to hold later today.
He re-assured airspace users and the general public that the Nigerian airspace remains safe for seamless and economic air travel, regretting inconveniences caused earlier today.Google+