- SAA’s New Perth-Johannesburg direct route opens African experiences for Australian travellers
- Aviation sector needs special Forex window, says Aisubeogun, former FAAN MD
- Setting Sail to Success: Royal Caribbean Nigeria Rewards Travel Agents
- NIGAV: MMA2 shines, bags prestigious awards
- Wigwe: NTSB’s preliminary report highlights probable causes, gives crash graphic details
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) it was determined to rid the airport environment of touts and perpetrators of illegitimate activities.
Director, of Public Affairs and Consumer Protection for FAAN, Abdullahi Yakubu-Funtua in a statement disclosed that the Joint Monitoring Task Force (JMTF) and the Aviation Security Crime Investigation & Intelligence (AVSEC-CII) Unit had since the past few weeks conducted raids in this regard. Cable thieves and other miscreants have been apprehended in the course of these raids.
On Friday, the Murtala Muhammed Airport (MMA) JMTF and AVSEC-CII raided the ITZ 1 & 2 landside, the car parks, and the airport access roads.
In the course of the raid, a total of 21 persons including touts, illegal foreign exchange dealers, hawkers, and scavengers were arrested. The apprehended suspects have since been transferred to the Nigerian Police Force through the CII for further necessary action.
FAAN warns that anyone who has no legitimate business at the airports should please desist from approaching the airports.
He noted that the safety and security of airport users and the airport environment are of utmost importance and cannot be compromised.Google+