- IATA: 25% loan interest, airlines’ insurance premium in Nigeria highest in the world
- Allocate 30% renewable fuel output to SAF, IATA tells govts’, as Biofuel volumes grow
- Aviation revenue to hit $964 billion, African airlines to post $0.5b losses in 2024
- Kazakhstan’s aviation completes iPADIS ACCEPT programme to aid passengers with reduced mobility
- Demand for air cargo for African airlines up 2.9%, says IATA
South Africa Airways (SAA) in conjunction with Travel & Business News has announced the commencement of entries for the 3rd South African Airways Essay Competition (SAAEC 2022).
The competition, which is presently open to secondary school students of all ages, is aimed at entrenching the values of patriotism, love for humanity, selflessness, tolerance, and honesty in the lives of young Nigerians; as well as exposing them to the life and legacy of Nelson Mandela, as part of the South African Airways Give Back Initiative (SAAGBI) in the spirit of the legend of Africa, and in commemoration of his life.
According to Mrs. Kemi Leke-Bamtefa, SAA’s Country Manager for Nigeria, “South African Airways decided to engage in this initiative in order to empower young Nigerians and to propel research in the domain of child and drug abuse. This is the third edition of the competition, and we look forward to continuing the tradition as a means of cementing the already good relationship between Nigeria and South Africa”, she said.
Participants are hereby invited to submit their handwritten entries of not more than one thousand (1,000) words between June 13 and July 15, 2022. Entries into the competition are free but must be endorsed by participants’ School Principals and Parents/Guardians.
Shortlisted participants will be invited to an Award Reception ceremony scheduled to hold on July 29, 2022, where winners will be announced and prizes will be presented accordingly.Google+